RE: ORA-03115 (TOAD question!!)

From: Charu Joshi <joshic_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:09:22 -0800

Jared,

<Snip from my original post>

> However, I have set the
> default home to ORA_8i_HOME(which has Net8) using the 'Home
> Selector' utility. Also, TOAD is reading the TNSNames.Ora file
> from this home, so should be using Net8 rather than SQL*Net.

</Snip from my original post>

The question is, is it TOAD that uses the LAST_HOME entry, or is it Oracle itself? TOAD documentation suggests it's Oracle.

Reading LAST_HOME entry to decide which version of SQLNet to use just doesn't sound right (can't see any logic). I think DEFAULT_HOME setting should always be used. I read note Note:73963.1 regarding this but it doesn't mention this behaviour.

Maybe I will look for a higher version of TOAD and see how it goes.

Regards,
Charu.

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051
http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting
services

Author: Charu Joshi
  INET: joshic_at_mahindrabt.com