Re: "union all" problems

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:04:34 -0800

Hi!

I haven't seen this issue before, but it seems like a bug. Check for .trc files in your user_dump_dest. The contents are probably quite cryptic, but you can send it to Support through Metalink.

Tanel.

  Hi,

      We have a query which uses
  a "union all". After upgrading to
  a patch release of Oracle this query
  no longer works. We get the
  following error :

  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  ORA-24323: value not allowed
  Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO   ERROR:
  ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

  I've searched metalink, but have been unsuccessful   finding a solution.

  As a quick fix, we changed the "union all" to a "union",   and that worked.
  We'll still like to find the root cause though.

  The environment is AIX 4.3.3. It worked with   Oracle 8.1.7.2, but after upgrading to 8.1.7.4   we get this error.

  Has anyone experienced this ? thanks.

          ed

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 16:04:34 CDT