RE: buffer busy waits and v$filestat

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:24:23 -0800

Raj - You might also consider monitoring the I/O from the system side, until that you won't have the full picture. That is probably where the RMAN load would show up, and your instance would be indirectly affected. 4 channels sounds pretty heavy. Is this tuned for to keep a tape drive busy? We haven't had any noticed any interference, but since we're backing up to disk, we just use a single channel.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com