SQL Loader problem

From: Anna Li <anna15888_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:39:23 -0800

Hi All,

I'm trying to use SQL Loader to load data from a text file into a table. However, I always get error as column SKILL_DESCRIPTION field in data file exceeds maximum length where the column SKILL_DESCRIPTION is declared as varchar2(4000). I know the data is <4000 characters, but >1000 characters. It was inserted successfully when I execute insert statement in TOAD as:

insert into skills_tmp values(......);

Is there any option in SQL Loader I have to set in order to load a long string? Thanks for all the inputs in advance.

Anna

Author: Anna Li
  INET: anna15888_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 16:39:23 CDT