RE: Please look at this imp command

From: Gorbounov,Vadim <vadim.gorbounov_at_liberate.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:24:27 -0800

Hi Stephen,

No imp wouldn't close or otherwise impact Oracle instance. I'd look at init.ora . Someone could make changes there, effective at reboot time

Vadim

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:Stephen.Wolfe_at_macdill.af.mil]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 11:04 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

imp tpocs/******@tpocs file=c:\Latest_Reference_Files\pharm_jul_2003.dmp log= c:\Latest_Reference_Files\pharm_jul_2003.log fromuser=tpocs touser=tpocs tables=arc_ndc commit=y ignore=y buffer=8388608

Scenario:

I ran this command (as instructed by the tier III tech), got a couple of warnings but it did import 28K plus rows into arc_ndc. Before I ran the command at the command NT command level, I truncated arc_ndc via SQL*Plus.

After the command completed I rebooted the server, there was no direction to do this, I just did it for good measure figuring I would get a clean oracle instance going. When the server finished the reboot, oracle wasn't up -- or I should say the database wasn't opened. I had to open the database as SYSDBA.

Did the imp command close the database? I don't see any directive to do so, but being new maybe there is something I don't understand.

Thanks for your help and patience.

v/r

Stephen S. Wolfe, GS-11, DAFC
Data Services Manager
stephen.wolfe_at_macdill.af.mil
(813) 827-9974 DSN 651-9974

Author: Wolfe Stephen S GS-11 6 MDSS/SGSI   INET: Stephen.Wolfe_at_macdill.af.mil

Author: Gorbounov,Vadim
  INET: vadim.gorbounov_at_liberate.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:24:27 CDT