Re: LOB tablespace

From: Indy Johal <Indy.Johal_at_prnewswire.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:49:23 -0800

Jared

This is not the case. I had imported a 150 Gig table containing LONG RAW column to BLOB with simple Export /Import sometime back last year and the only thing is that the column name given to BLOB column is same. This is export import from 81.7.3 non -partitioned table to 8.1.7.3 partitioned table

Indy Johal

Jared.Still_at_radisys.com
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
07/28/03 06:34 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: LOB tablespace

You won't be storing LOB's, you will be storing LONG's.

Oracle does not automatically convert LONG to LOB for you.

You will have to do that yourself ( check on MetaLink ) after you import the data.

Assuming that your new database will be using LMT's ( locally managed tablespaces ) I would think just set PCTFREE and PCTUSED to whatever you were using previously.

HTH Jared

"Ehresmann, David" <David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net> Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 07/28/2003 03:09 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

        cc:
        Subject:        LOB tablespace

I am going to import an Oracle 7 database into an Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 instance
that I am going to make. I have 31 tables of which 11 hold LONG and/or LONG
RAW column datatypes. What storage clause should I put on the tablespace to
hold the LOBs most efficiently?

thanks,

David Ehresmann.

Author: Ehresmann, David
  INET: David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

Author: Indy Johal
  INET: Indy.Johal_at_prnewswire.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jul 28 2003 - 17:49:23 CDT