Re: 8.1.7 instance on upgraded AIX machine - ORA-1652 all the time

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:04:23 -0800

Hi!

I have a suggestion as well:

Tempfiles are sparse files in unix, that is you can use alter tablespace command to add or resize the files even to 100G if you want, but they don't actually use much space on disk. When you start writing to this file, OS tries to allocate more real space to it and will fail if file system is full (depending on OS and your quota + rights you might actually see some free space, but it's unusable). You can see real size of a file in file system blocks using ls -ls (at least in Solaris & HP-UX it works...)

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee