Advice needed on dbms_shared_pool value

From: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 02:28:09 +0530

Hello list I needed your advice on the following : 1. What value do you all specify in
DBMS_SHARED_POOL.ABORTED_REQUEST_THRESHOLD
( value ) ?
(1.a.) Should it be set equal to the shared_pool_size ?
(1.b.) Should it be greater than shared_pool_size ?
(But wouldn't that be impossible. The free list would not be able to
service a user request for a size greater than the shared_pool_size)
(1.c) Should it be set equal to shared_pool_size minus
shared_pool_reserved_size.
( I am not clear on this . Please tell me : can the free list service a
request by taking space from the reserved area AND the rest of shared pool or is it 'one or the other and not both together' )

2. After sucessfully executing
DBMS_SHARED_POOL.ABORTED_REQUEST_THRESHOLD ( value )
(2.a) why doesn't the 'value' show up in
 select aborted_request_threshold from v$shared_pool_reserved ; ?
(2.b) Where would I look to see the change ?