Object types & remote DB's

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:25:07 -0400

This I believe may end up as a "No way from here", but here goes anyway. I've a developer who has created a function that returns a table type. We had to create the type and then a table of in this manner:

create type gatekeeper_info as object
(model_number varchar2(20),
 product_id integer,
 grade varchar2(1),
 test_description varchar2(70),
 gatekeeper_value varchar2(2),
 status varchar2(20));
/

create or replace type gatekeeper_info_tbl as table of gatekeeper_info;
/

The function returns gatekeeper_info_tbl & it works damned well if your logged onto that database. The problem is that they now want to access this function & have it return data from a remote database. Consequently we're getting the ORA-30626 error message. Is there any way known to get around this?

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA Received on Fri Jul 25 2003 - 09:25:07 CDT