Re: Managing Archived Redo Logs

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:43:12 +0300

Hi!

You actually can connect using sqlplus as well, even over the network, as long as your connection is sysdba (or probably sysoper as well).

There's several more interesting issues with sysdba connections, for example if you got a bad after logon trigger which throws unhandled exceptions, regular users can't logon, but sysdba can (actually it comes from administer database trigger privilege), but the idea is that the database can behave quite differently for privileged users..

Tanel.