Re: convert RBS tablespace from DMT to LMT (Oracle 8173) steps?

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:18:08 +0800

Hi, guang:

    I have two questions:

  1. Why create rbs on lmt tablespace and later drop it again? Just do step 1-7 and it is ok. Or maybe you need to update your init file, but you can also offline old rbs01 and create new rbs01 on lmt, and so on.
  2. If you have dmt rollback segment in production and you did create the rbs with(initial=next, min=20), in most case , rbs won't expand or shrink.And the convertion does not help much . right?

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com
www.cnoug.org