Re: 9iAS vs. Weblogic and Websphere

From: Craig Munday <cmunday_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:45:46 +1000

--=====================_504650549==_.ALT

Hi,

One thing that you will note about 9iAS is that it has a HUGE install footprint when compared to Weblogic and JBoss. Weblogic and JBoss are relatively simple to get going, ie. less configuration.

Cheers,
Craig.

At 07:54 PM 22/07/2003 -0800, Ryan wrote:
>I havent dug into 9iAS yet, but I want to learn atleast one of the major web
>servers. It appears that WebLogic and Websphere dominate the market. It also
>appears that 9iAS is tedious and has a poor design relative to these other
>two.
>
>What do you think? How different are the webservers? If I pick up one, does
>it translate?
>
>Also, what functionality does 9iAS add that Apache does not have in and of
>itself? I was able to run 9i Forms with just apache and OC4J?
>
>Ryan
>
>--
>--
>Author: Ryan
> INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net

--=====================_504650549==_.ALT

Craig.<br><br>
appears that 9iAS is tedious and has a poor design relative to these other<br>
two.<br><br>
What do you think? How different are the webservers? If I pick up one, does<br>
it translate?<br><br>
Also, what functionality does 9iAS add that Apache does not have in and of<br>
-- <br>
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
Author: Ryan<br>
&nbsp; INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net<br><br>

also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 03:45:46 CDT