Re: trace for error number

From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:47:48 -0600

--------------03F19B72A3F71EB283591B51

David,
	This comes with the usual caveats (contact oracle support, don't do this without testing, some fading may occur, objects in the rear view mirror are larger than they appear)...
	On error dumps are pretty straight forward. If you can reproduce the error in a session, just set it at the session level.
	alter session set events '1722 trace name errorstack level 1'
	Level 0 - error stack only
	Level 1 - 0 + function call stack
	Level 2 - 1 + process state
	Level 3 - 2 + context (cursor) area
	Level 42 - automatically correct error, remove user privileges for running a bad query, call Domino's and order a large cheese pizza, send the bill to Larry E.

Daniel
"Ehresmann, David" wrote:

> List,
>
> I need to trace for a specific Oracle error number, ORA-01722. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> thanks,
>
> David Ehresmann
> Author: Ehresmann, David
> INET: David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net

--------------03F19B72A3F71EB283591B51

 filename="daniel.fink.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Fink;Daniel
tel;cell:303.808.3282
tel;work:303.272.3225
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
email;internet:daniel.fink_at_sun.com
title:DB Services Lead
x-mozilla-cpt:;-4832
fn:Daniel Fink Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 09:47:48 CDT