RE: Veritas like RMAN?

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:12:45 -0700 (PDT)

that's not quite what I said.

I said Oracle will not support hot backups done without putting the tablespace into "backup mode" unless that hot backup is done with RMAN.

at least that's what I thought I was saying.

you can still do the good old-fashioned "alter tablespace begin backup"/backup the datafiles/"alter tablespace end backup" sort of hot backup

or you can use RMAN and not have to do the begin/end backup