Re: comments on 8i's autonomous PL/SQL block?

From: AK <oramagic_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:36:41 -0700

One of the example i have with use of autonomous block is errror logging . whenever an error happens we call a procedure which does insert some debugging info into tables but that procedure is independent of calling procedures . Which means even if the main transaction rollsback due to error we will still have trace of error . One thing to make sure is autonomous block always do a commit or rollback of its work before exiting .

begin
 xxx
xxx

exception