RE: DBMS_JOB scheduling

From: Garry Gillies <g.gillies_at_weir.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:14:42 +0100

> 1. have you tried select to_char(sysdate,'D') from dual ??
Yes, and it works fine on MY servers, but the docs say that the value returned
depends on your NLS_TERRITORY setting. I am trying to get it to work for everybody.
> This is really nice, but my only gripe with dbms-job is that is isn't
reliable ... it wasn't in 9ir1 on aix and we didn't even look at it in 9ir2. in 9ir1 dbms_job used to _forget_ to run jobs after some time and the workaround was like setting job_processes to a very large number. I am sorry to hear that. We are on 8.1.7 and have been using since 7.3 with no major problems.
>nevertheless, I think what you have attempted is fantastic and worthy of
adoption ...
Are you looking for money? :-)

Garry Gillies
Database Administrator
Business Systems
Weir Pumps Ltd
149 Newlands Road, Cathcart, Glasgow, G44 4EX

T: +44 0141 308 3982
F: +44 0141 633 1147
E: g.gillies_at_weirpumps.com

"Jamadagni, Rajendra" <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com> Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
23/07/03 15:24
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: DBMS_JOB scheduling

Garry,
1. have you tried select to_char(sysdate,'D') from dual ?? This is really nice, but my only gripe with dbms-job is that is isn't reliable ... it wasn't in 9ir1 on aix and we didn't even look at it in 9ir2. in 9ir1 dbms_job used to _forget_ to run jobs after some time and the workaround was like setting job_processes to a very large number. nevertheless, I think what you have attempted is fantastic and worthy of adoption ...

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this email (including any attachments) is confidential, subject to copyright and for the use of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient please delete this message after notifying the sender. Unauthorised retention, alteration or distribution of this email is forbidden and may be actionable.

Attachments are opened at your own risk and you are advised to scan incoming email for viruses before opening any attached files. We give no guarantee that any communication is virus-free and accept no responsibility for virus contamination or other system loss or Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 09:14:42 CDT