RE: possible to set continuation prompt in sql*plus?

From: Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:18:35 -0400

Roy,

You got me thinking on a tangent. How can I cut and paste the whole multi-line SQL
statement at once and have it useable. Now you can, of course, use sqlplus in silent
mode (-s), but that's a little too silent for my tastes. So how 'bout set sqlnumber off
& sqlprompt ' '. That way you get:

  select blah, deblah from blahde
  where blah != deblah and ...

Nicely cutable & pasteable, just thought I'd share.

Mike Hand