Re: index rebuild

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:37:13 -0400

ak,
You have to give a little to get a little. LMT for the indexes with partitioning will help performance in the long run. It also make maintenance of the database easier.
Ron

>>> oramagic_at_hotmail.com 07/23/03 05:14PM >>>
The only reason I wanted to build the indexes was to relocate them to another tablespace ( LMT ) so that I can get rid of high fragmentation and start living .

-ak

  Hi!

  For index, yes, if you use: alter index <name> rebuild compute statistics;

  But don't rebuild your indexes daily, it's an expensive operation... and you won't gain much from it anyway.

  Tanel.

    Does index rebuild generates new statistics as well ? How does that can hit performance intermediately if I want to rebuild few indexes daily just to finish everything in 5 days . Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 15:37:13 CDT