RE: Pinning packages

From: Kevin Toepke <ktoepke_at_rlcarriers.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:33:39 -0400

Rich

The only time I've seen SYS.STANDARD paged out is when (virtually) no PL/SQL was run against the database -- and even then the startup times were small.

Anyway, I was actualy referring to a series of related packages that totaled tens of MB in size. The original package was split because Oracle couldn't handle a package that size.

In no other case have i seen any noticable performance benefit to pinning packages in memory.

However I never tried pinning packages in memory to avoid the ORA-4031s.

Kevin

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com