RE: Please help with ORA-01555 Snapshot too old

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:07:33 -0500

Ron - I think you are feeling that one system is good and the other is bad. My suggestion is to consider one system at the ragged edge of failing and the other system over the edge and in the ditch. Next week with a different set of data, they may both well fail or both succeed. With ORA-01555 errors, you can rarely say "fixed", but I think you are getting some good suggestions from the other postings on how to fix the underlying problem so your likelihood of receiving these errors is much reduced on either system.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Tue Jul 22 2003 - 10:07:33 CDT