RE: Installation Question

From: Pardee, Roy E <roy.e.pardee_at_lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:21:18 -0700

Unless you purchase & distribute a 3rd party oracle network lib (I think DataDirect sells one) your client PCs will all have to have a valid oracle client install, complete w/sqlnet.ora & tnsnames.ora, etc. (FWIW, if you were using vb.net, you could conceivably set up a web service to mediate between your app & the db, in which case you'd only have to maintain an oracle client on the web server.)

[By the way--is there any way you can increase the size of the font you're using in your messages? On my end it looks to be about 6 points high--very hard on the eyes. Thanks!]

HTH, -Roy

Roy Pardee
Programmer/Analyst/DBA
SWFPAC Lockheed Martin IT