RE: Who Says Oracle does not listen

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:21:18 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C34F61.0F415DF0

        charset="US-ASCII"

That's not good enough.

I don't want to discard ANY exception.

When dropping table, I don't want to see error messages only if there is nothing to drop. While if let's say there is a problem with privileges, it will go unnoticed.

Or, when adding a table, it's fine not be getting an error, if table already exists. But, if there is no room to create a table, or to add a partition to the table, I want to see this error message.

So, I still prefer my way of doing it (see scripts in my original message) comparing to Oracle's script, you refer to.

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA

ineyman_at_perceptron.com