RE: Active Directory question

From: Pardee, Roy E <roy.e.pardee_at_lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:12:12 -0700

I've never tried it, but have questions for you anyway: 8^)

So you want your clients to query AD for tns connect params a la' OID?

Or do you have OID set up & you want to add oracle db info to it, so you can synch OID w/ AD without losing your database info?

If the latter, I trust you've seen metalink note 233096.1? http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=233096.1

Have you tried the Active Directory Schema snap-in for MMC?

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320337

for details on the latter.

I *think* that should let you define new objects. I'd expect that to not be for the faint of heart tho...

HTH, -Roy

Roy Pardee
Programmer/Analyst/DBA
SWFPAC Lockheed Martin IT