DBA/Programmer GUI tool for Oracle in Linux

From: Reuben D. Budiardja <techlist_at_voyager.phys.utk.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:09:38 -0400

Hello,

I am rather new on using oracle in linux. I have some more experience with just programming web application with oracle as the backend database, but not so much with the administration of it.

So, I am wondering what are some of the tool that you use for doing simple admin and programming tool. Nothing fancy, just probably a gui tool that can do Add/Remove user + password, create/drop table/column, alter table/column, and inserting data into table.

I've seen TOAD before, but never really used it. But I think it's only run in MS Windows. So something similar to TOAD that runs in linux would be sufficient. I've tried TOra, it can do more stuff than I can understand right now, but it lacks basic things like dropping and creating table, altering table, etc.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Reuben D. Budiardja Received on Sat Jul 19 2003 - 10:09:38 CDT