Undo Tablespace vs Rollback segments

From: Keith Moore <kmoore7_at_jcpenney.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:12:36 -0500

------------=_1058542189-3539-83

Can anyone point me to an article or white paper that goes into detail on this. When I RTFM, it just says use Undo TBS, don't worrry about it and all your problems will be solved.

We are upgrading from Oracle8 to 9i and currently have Rollback segments in 4 tablespaces spread over 4 disks. It looks like you can specify multiple data files, but I can't find anything on how they would be used. I know that striping would spread the load, but that is not an option.

Thanks,

Keith Moore
Oracle Certified Professional
972-431-5126
kmoore7_at_jcpenney.com

------------=_1058542189-3539-83

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

------------=_1058542189-3539-83--