RE: Physical Design Question

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:13:24 -0400

We do it all the time. Not a problem at all. My current dev box has 17 instances on it (a shared box among many projects). There is nothing to prevent you from doing this. And turn-around for a development box is reasonable.

My production NT 4.0 box has two active Oracle instances on it - Production and Training. Running Oracle Failsafe to fail both instances over when the primary box fails.

So naa-naa to the NT nay-sayers.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Stephen Lee