Oracle 8i - catproc (dbms_pickler) causes end-of-file comm channel

From: Dave Phillips <dphillips_at_gasper-corp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:41:54 -0400

Oracle 8.1.7.0
Windows 2000 Pro

While setting a test database on one of our test servers I have encountered an error while running catproc.sql It always occurs while trying to create the dbms_pickler package. It is end-of-file comm error, which identifies TNS read/write errors incl

TNS-12640 Authentication adapter initialization failed  or
TNS-12636 Packet send failed

Trace Assist on the trace file returns with TNS-04237, but with no message available with this error code. It's not in TNS errors in doc's either.

Anybody have a clue what this is or where I can track this down?

Thanks

David Phillips
Support DBA Received on Fri Jul 18 2003 - 10:41:54 CDT