RE: Why are SPFILEs binary anyway? (was RE: How to make SPFILE in

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kirtikumar_deshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

Editing spfile is not supported by Oracle. And I think it is documented as such. You can just view it, copy it and play with the copied version what whatever...

One thing to remeber is to always hold on to the init.ora version. No matter what. Or at least until Oracle completely removes init.ora file when the Oracle RDBMS software becomes smarter than human brain.... ;)

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 10:47:35 CDT