Re: NNC-00425: meta-data violation -- need sanity check!

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:54:42 -0700

Bob,

names thinks that you already have an orcl registered.

try dumping to a tmp tns namesfile

eg. dump_tnsnames /tmp/tnsnames.tmp

and then look for your orcl entry.

you can remove it by unregistering if you need to.

eg. unregister SID -t oracle_database -d (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=server_name)(PORT=1527))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=SERVICE_NAME_HERE)))

The part after the -d is just the entry in tnsnames.

HTH Jared

"Bob Metelsky" <bmetelsky_at_cps92.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 07/17/2003 02:19 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        NNC-00425: meta-data violation --  need sanity check!

All

                 Im setting up a name server on Oracle9i Enterprise
Edition
Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
On windows 2000 server

Im doing eerything within the namesctl utility as typically I find the gui to be too buggy for my tastes.

So I have the service running

C:\> namesctl
Currently managing name server "NS_DB2"
Version banner is "Oracle Names for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Product

My problem is the utility does not like the syntax of my large multi db version tnsnames file 60 dbs. So, I simplify the test and just use 1 entry running on the names server.

Tnsnames.ora
orcl =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db2)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)

    )
  )

When I do a load_tnsnames I get
NAMESCTL> load_tnsnames

Name:                  orcl
Response status:       NNC-00425: meta-data violation
No records loaded

This is the default tnsnames!

Ummm... sanity check please!! ;-)

Here we have the error definitions whch arent really helpful http://storacle.princeton.edu:9001/oracle8-doc/server.805/a58312/net8nnc 1.htm

So I turn to the water walkers on this list <grin>!!

This has to be a bug. I was counting on pulling in the one 9.2 tns entry and then entering the other 60 by hand yecchhhhh!!

Thanks!
bob

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com