Constraint creations limits.

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:27:03 -0400

List,

Oracle 8.1.7.4
OpenVMS 7.3-1

   I have to drop the current PK constraint on a partitioned table and recreate it with additional columns. The table and partitions are quite large 3GIG + and I was wondering if anyone has found a method if creation the PK constraint one partition at a time.  The current method I use is to alter table drop constraint xxx-pk. Then I increase the temp tablespace to handle the new PK. Then I alter table add constraint xxx-pk with the new columns added and list the partitioning clauses and NOLOGGING. It takes about 12 hours to create the PK so it must be done overnight when I am not on-site. I would like to be able to create each partitions PK in a more manageable fashion.

 Is this possibly an Oracle wish list item? Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 10:27:03 CDT