Re: How to make SPFILE in sync with INIT.ORA ?

From: Arup Nanda <orarup_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:01:13 -0400

This can be solved by creating the PFILE again from the SPFILE; and this doesn't need the instance to be up. However, you did drive the nail home, Niall, with this example.

Part of the problem could be avoided by restricting the ALTER SYSTEM, SYSDBA or SYSOPER privileges; but in a large shop with a lot of production support DBAS....!! Arup Nanda