Re: RE: security without using different usernames

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 7:06:17 -0400

i know you can get the IP in a client-server mode and i think its with sys_context. Ill have to look it up. in web mode you have to use a client side script. I know there is a javabean you can write to do it(its actually in the forms 9i demo). dont know how to do it in .net(which is what we are using), but Im sure its doable. .net is just a clone of java anyway with a different framework.

the IP sounds more scalable in case we go to the web in the future. Ill have to check with the client and see how they purchase IP addressse and if any of the users are logging in from home etc... when LANs are setup businesses typically buy IP addresses in batches. So you get something like

122.122.122.xxx for your building.

what you have to go through to overcome a poor design :(