Re: failed to archive

From: Chip <ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:34:32 -0600

In Oracle 8.1.7, a database can be configured with LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESSES = 1
which starts 1 archive process when the database starts.

If the I/O response time for archiving a log takes too long, then Oracle will automatically start another archive process. The alert log shows the various archive process failures for archiving a log. After the poor I/O response for the archive destination(s) has been fixed, the database can be altered: ALTER SYSTEM SET LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESSES = 1; to shut down the extra archive processes.

Have Fun :)