OT: unix shell script question

From: Dilip <dilip7772002_at_indiatimes.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:57:25 +0530

Hi List,

The requirement is as follows:

DBNAME=PROD ( 'DBNAME' variable contains value 'PROD' )

LINE_PROD=100 ( 'LINE_PROD' variable contains value 100 )

Now I want to echo the LINE_PROD variable using DBNAME variable. e.g
echo ${LINE_${DBNAME}} should return 100.

Is this possible and if yes, how ? I tried some ways but couldn't find any way.

Regards,
~Dilip

 Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now ! Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 04:27:25 CDT