Rollback Segs

From: venkat Rama <techsqlca_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:36:27 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1144916875-1058326587=:17943

Hi Friends,

I have 150Gb database with 30 rollback segs with optimal settings!! for normal operations no problems!! But we are doing massive updates for some of big tables!! So we are using vb programs and connecting to the database thru odbc dsn. My first question is how to set transaction use rollback segment rbs_big? I tried to set as first stmt, but its not using rbs_big segment, its using some other rollback segment. Is that good idea to make all my rollback segs maxextents unlimited to avoid maxextents reached error?? I have lot of rbs space nearly 10Gb. I saw one time, one of my rbs segment extented 2gb and failed transaction with maxextents reached with 5m initial and next, minextents 20 and optimal 100M.

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
venkat.

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! --0-1144916875-1058326587=:17943

<DIV>Hi Friends,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have 150Gb database with 30 rollback segs with optimal settings!! for normal operations no problems!! But we are doing massive updates for some of&nbsp;big tables!! So we are using vb programs and connecting to the database thru odbc dsn. My first question is how to set transaction use rollback segment rbs_big? I tried to set as first stmt, but its not using rbs_big segment, its using some other rollback segment. Is that good idea to make all my rollback segs maxextents unlimited to avoid maxextents reached error?? I have lot of rbs space nearly 10Gb. I saw one time, one of my rbs segment extented 2gb and failed transaction with maxextents reached with 5m initial and next, minextents 20 and optimal 100M.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Any help will be appreciated</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>venkat.</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>

Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1144916875-1058326587=:17943-- Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 22:36:27 CDT