Re: Oracle security question

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:06:47 -0400

Don,
  The users need acces to the data that is in the database or what is the purpose of the database?
 I would change the privileges of the users to "CREATE SESSION" only and revoke all others. Then I would use "ROLES" that have select privileges on the tables that they need acces to. By creating roles and granting the role to a user the user can select from the tables. If different groups need acces to different tables you can create different roles and grant them as needed.
 Roles are an easy method of controlling acces to table data and if changes are needed then you change the role's privileges and all users of the role are effected.
Ron

>>> donyu_at_jhu.edu 07/11/03 03:44PM >>>

Hi,

I have a security question about Oracle database. Recently I have taken
full control an Oracle database in my department. Now I would like to make sure that no other people except myself can update data in that database. Can somebody tell me what it is necessary steps to do that? Any comments are highly appreciated. Thanks!

Don

Author: Don Yu
  INET: donyu_at_jhu.edu