RE: Estimating User Load on the system

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:55:02 -0700

Raj,

Assuming that these users will logoff normally (for the most cases), you could have a database level LOGOFF trigger that captures the following 'stats' from these sessions (out of v$MYSTAT):

CPU used by this session (Cpu time used) user commits (Number of transactions - figuratively!) physical reads + physical reads (direct, lob, etc.) + db block changes
(former is reads, latter is the number of changes that would cause writes on
behalf of that process for Log, Undo and DBFile) session pga/uga memory max (Memory usage) SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client and dblink (Network usage)

Collect and summarize system wide (via STATSPACK) and for individual users via LOGOFF just to compare.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Disappointment is inevitable, but Discouragement is optional!

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

<http://www.fatcity.com>