Privileges and PL/SQL code

From: Stefan Jahnke <Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:31:55 +0200

Hi list

I was wondering if there is any way to get the following to work:

User A owns all tables, users B,C own PL/SQL code to access A's tables. To work with A's tables from user B and C, I would like to create a role to contain all the object privileges and grant these to B and C.

Didn't use to work, since PL/SQL is not particularly interested in grants received through roles.
But I don't really want to grant all privileges directly to B and C (and many more users).

Is there a way in 9i that works better ? Any improvements I missed out on ?

Thanks in advance, Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 06:31:55 CDT