Re: Oracle security question

From: Don Yu <donyu_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:49:23 -0800

Dennis:

Thanks for your message. Now I have changed sys password by the following command:
alter user sys identified by xxxxxxx
But when I try to login from sql plus window by using sys, I cannot successfully login. Also I get an error message. The message is something like "connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper". So my question is what sys for? Thank you very much!

Don

Author: Don Yu
  INET: donyu_at_jhu.edu