ORA-01722 while using sqlldr

From: Saira Somani-Mendelin <saira_somani_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:41:59 -0700

I'm hoping for expert assistance. I'm using SQL*Loader to load some 2200+ records (comma delimited) into a table and running into this problem for the modcnt field:

The control file reads:

modcnt DECIMAL EXTERNAL <-- I'm sure this is where my problem is. I have tried almost every datatype that the control file will accept - some bleed into the next column which is a date field, messing up that column, etc with ORA-01841 (full) year must be between -4713 and +9999, and not be 0.

The datatype in the table is:

MODCNT NUMBER <-- no precision defined

The value in the file for this field is always 0. And when I start to load the file, I receive this error (I'm testing with a few random records from the 2200+ and each have the same error):

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table LC_F, column MODCNT. ORA-01722: invalid number

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Saira

Author: Saira Somani-Mendelin
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 10 2003 - 12:41:59 CDT