RE: RAC time clocks (sysdate)

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:44:34 -0800

Oh, that could definitely be true. My impression on that point had always been that the really bad form was to have all 100+ hosts on your network hit the public stratum-1 servers, hence the delgation to local stratum-2s. But it is definitely better form to never touch the stratum-1s. So, if it wasn't proper manners before, Rich has convinced me: Thou Shalt Not Use Stratum-1 Servers Unless Thou Art Sharing Thy Stratum-2s

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito
GridApp Systems

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Matthew Zito INET: mzito_at_gridapp.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).