RE: Compressed tables

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:30:46 -0700

Sorry,
I think it's here too: <A
href="http://otn.oracle.com/products/bi/pdf/o9ir2_compression_twp.pdf">http://otn.oracle.com/products/bi/pdf/o9ir2_compression_twp.pdf
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
Also
one of the things I like about it is moving some of the disk IO system contention to the CPUs when there is extra CPU resources that is not being utilized.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Waleed

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jamadagni, Rajendra   [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003   2:35 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   RE: Compressed tables
  Waleed,
  the attached paper was compressed by Listguru ... for you,   with good compression ratio too.
  Raj <FONT

  Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com <FONT   size=2>All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.   QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art   !
  -----Original Message----- From:
  Khedr, Waleed [<A
  href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]   Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:25 PM <FONT   size=2>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <FONT   size=2>Subject: RE: Compressed tables   I'm using it for six months now without problems. I was able   to save more than 70% of the used disk space in big data warehouse project.   Attached is a pdf paper that might be helpful:   Regards, Waleed Received on Wed Jul 09 2003 - 13:30:46 CDT