import from 8i to 9i /IMP-00003:ORA-02298

From: <Surendra.Tirumala_at_mail.state.ky.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:51:04 -0700

Hello All,

We are working on migrating 8i databases to 9i. As Sun boxes are not available yet, I have decided to do some experiments on my PC. I am trying to import into 9i database using export dump file of 8i database. I have my 8i database created in US7ASCII and I have created 9i database also in US7ASCII with UTF8, just to make sure that I won't hit any conversion issues.
When I tried to import the data into this newly created database it is giving me some strange "ORA-02298: cannot validate (CMS.FK_OF_VS_SYSID) - parent keys not found" errors.
I have verified that the data in 8i database is valid.

I have successfully imported into an existing 8i database with no problem. I am wondering if the Character set conversion the import utility is doing making any difference.

The following are the messages I am getting when I invoked import:

import done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and UTF8 NCHAR character set import server uses US7ASCII character set (possible charset conversion) export client uses US7ASCII character set (possible charset conversion) export server uses US7ASCII NCHAR character set (possible ncharset conversion)

I have gone through the globalization support guide and concluded that I should not worry about charctersets if I am not using any special datatypes or NCHAR datatypes.

Please advise me how to resolve this issue. Is character set any issue at all?
Do I have to influence the import utility to use the characterset of my interest?
I don't want to do this as I will have to do this each time I import.

I am wondering if any bug is associated with this. Thanks for your help.

Surendra

  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 08 2003 - 10:51:04 CDT