Windows server max file size

From: Ferenc Mantfeld <mantfield_at_connexus.net.au>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:43:00 -0700

Hi All

We have a process that is trying to create a huge flat file for a marketing export on a windows 2000 server host, and the file size seems to be constraining us. If I put a constraint (where clause) on the result set, it generates fine, but without it, I think I am exceeding some maximum file size. This is NTFS5, and the only thing I have found on the Microsquish web site knowledge base (after 2 hours of digging) is that the NFTS volumes are created with a default cluster size of 4096 bytes. I am not sure if this places a limit on the maximum file size and what other repercussions there are to this.

Am I an the right track ? Anyone care to enlighten me to the wondrous (sic) workings of Microsquish Windows 2000 server ?

Thanks.
Ferenc MantfeldDreaming costs you nothing. Not dreaming costs you everything. Received on Mon Jul 07 2003 - 17:43:00 CDT