Re: [Q] any one know ORACLE A/D connector?

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 00:49:24 -0700

Hello Mike

We are working on using LDAP to store global userid and connect to Oracle using the correct user name without having to define 1000's of user in each database.
I talked this morning with a technical person in Oracle and she told me that LDAP can use AD to check the password (if this is what you need).

It goes like this:

The user connect to the database with Scott/[EMAIL PROTECTED] The database sees that Scott is not defined so he return not defined. The sqlnet then goes to LDAP to check for global userid. LDAP then sees that the user is defined and send the userid/password to AD for verification.
AD returns ok and then LDAP return the info for the global user and sqlnet connect to the database.

That is my understanding of the process.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]