Re: Performance

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:10:45 -0700

Dear Gaja,

With your many splendid deeds in the name of performance management (my personal favorite being the fantastic "Compulsive Tuning Disorder" diagnosis) it's only fair that your name will - until something better comes along - be synonymous
(spelling?) with the best RAID-technology available today... RAID-10... RAID-IO....
RAIDIO.... RADIO Gaja.

Although it seems unlikely at the moment, I think there will be other musicals with you in the leading role. How about a musical about a finacially troubled radio station - the Hit Radio - and a man called Buster, who just doesn't quit, and decides to fight for the survival of real music? We could call it Buster Cash Hit Radio or just BCHR among friends.

We could do musicals about "9i(nch), Rich and famous". About "United StatsPacks". About "Real Abbs Costner". And of course the most difficult of them all: "i Am Sorry".

Mogens

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha wrote:
 cite="">
  Dear Mogens,

Wow!!!

How creative you and Pete have gotten with my last name!!! Amazing indeed! I bet my Dad suffered from a few hiccups in the past few days. I am still cooking up something "big" on you my friend - Mogens
(pronounced as Moens) Nørgaard (just skip the
consanants in the middle and you will pronounce it as...something like Noa), which may sound about right.

Anyways, there are not very many people whose firstname sound like faucets and whose last name require the use of "special characters" in the keyboard....;-) You have that honor my friend from Denmark, oh Great Dane.

At any rate, glad to be the source of some humor to the community at large....;-).

To the list:

BTW, the rumours are true, I have agreed to "star" in the BAARF Musical. Yes, it is time I pursued my other career interests. It is kind of apt I think, given that I wrote a paper about the "specific application" of RAID 3 in a data warehouse environment, almost 3 years ago. It is only natural for us in the technical community to pretty much negate everything we say, and contradict ourselves once in 3 years...;-)

Cheers,

Gaja

    It's true. Gaja Vayanahneenahneeheyheyheyhey (sp?) will star in "BAARF.
The Musical." Also - this might come as a surprise to Pete Sharman - the
OakTable Choir will be part of the musical, and Pete
(who, by the way,

is a fantastic baryton singer) will sing one verse of a certain song
(lyrics slightly re-written), while Lex de Haan
(another excellent

singer) will sing the second and Bjørn Engsig (if he participates) the
third verse.

Other participants include a group known as FEVER - Five Evil Vendor's
Eternal Rotherhood - and of course the members of the BAARF Party, who
teach Gaja Vahatneyhatneyhatney that Parity Is Pain.

There'll be a sound-proofed special area for people playing air guitar, too.

It will rock. James Morle and I are still working on the details, but
Gaja has (very bravely) accepted the role in the musical. Respect to
him. We're still looking for a heroine.

Mogens

Pete Sharman wrote:

      Surely not?  I was told just last week by the

    inestimable Mr. Mogens

      Norgaard (who we all know as the source of truth)

    that Gaja's real name is

      Gaja Vaidyanathanathanatha, and he's about to take

    on a top-secret new

      career (details to be revealed at the DB Forum in

    Denmark in October) ...

      :)

Pete

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA.