RE: Re[2]: Online tech books

From: Bob Metelsky <bmetelsky_at_CPS92.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:05:49 -0800

Thanks Jonathan and Robert...

Yes, Those book cases are "wallmart specials" I think the tall one was $25 and the small work modle was $15 or so. Hey, I even purchaced the work book case due to my distaste for "justifying the cost of the purchace" I figgured it was at least 100x easier to just buy my own bookcase for $15, then when I leave I can take it with me, to the next employer ... I can hear damagement now... "hey Joe... This guy is serious.. He is bringing in his own bookcase" Yes sad, but unfortunatly true.

Just thinking about that... Im sure that's against some corporate policy....
;-)

In any event the book case(s) were cheaper than most books there.

Lastly my favorite books are the Oracle SQL Plus by Jonathan I enjoyed how personally it was written as well as being clear and providing a lot of tips. Second favorite is the Oracle 8i DBA bible which I know some here dispute a chapter or two, nevertheless It's a very *direct* useful reference book.... One that is not as dry as most.

Also like the 101 backup and recovery, very useful, with full example scenarios.

Have a good 4th of July Holiday all!

bob

http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com

Author: Bob Metelsky