Re: controlfile backup obsolete above 2 days

From: Chip <ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 07:30:50 -0700

MetaLink Bug 2458246 (fixed in 9.2.0.2)

DENNIS WILLIAMS wrote:

Offhand it sounds to me like you may have uncovered an error. I would search metalink and if you don't find an error matching this situation, I would file a TAR.
Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 9:34 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Hello list
sorry to trouble you all so much,
I tried all that I stated below on another database I created, and as long as I don't use an spfile , no problem. As soon as I start using an spfile , I always get my backup shown as obsolete , irrespective of the number of days (the value of n) I specify in ''report obsolete recovery window of n days; '' .
Also a few more details , previously i was getting the problem on a 9.2.0.1.0 enterprise edition database in noarchivelog mode. The problem I stated above is on a 9.2.0.1.0 enterprise edition database in archivelog mode with automatic archiving enabled. All this on win32.

Author: Chip
 INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]