Why didn't datafile autoextend?

From: Eberhard, Jeff <Jeff.Eberhard_at_Rolls-RoyceGS.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:05:24 -0700

This morning I started getting "ORA-1654: unable to extend index CIMXDBIN.CIMX_SESSION_STATE_PK by 128 in tablespace CAPP_IDX " in my alert log (8.1.7 on Windows 2000). I checked my tablespace is has one datafile with autoextend enabled.

FILE_NAME                                             FILE_ID
TABLESPACE_NAME                     BYTES     BLOCKS STATUS    RELATIVE_FNO
AUT MAXBYTES MAXBLOCKS INCREMENT_BY USER_BYTES USER_BLOCKS
-------------------------------------------------- ----------
------------------------------ ---------- ---------- --------- ------------
E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\CIMX\CAPP_IDX.ORA                         4 CAPP_IDX
314572800      38400 AVAILABLE            4 YES    1949696        238
3200  314564608       38399

To resolve the error I manually resized the datafile to 300M. Any ideas on why the autoextend didn't work?

Thanks,
Jeff

Author: Eberhard, Jeff
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 11:05:24 CDT