RMAN Recovery Question: Restore with loss of control files and no catalo database

From: Clarkson, Timothy T SEOP-OEIRH/1 <Timothy.Clarkson_at_shell.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:11:59 -0700

Hi there everyone,

I have read the documentation and I am missing something, I am stuck on two points:

(1) How do I recover from a RMAN backup to disk if I have lost all the original database files (control files, data files and redo logs)

(2) How do I change the location for RMAN to check for the backup up file i.e. Backup file was on E: but now in F:, when I enter restore it only checks the original location.

Specifications:

Oracle          8.1.7.4.10

Windows 2000    SP4

I know that in the backup part I can use the FORMAT string to specify the filename and location.

Cheers

Tim Clarkson Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 10:11:59 CDT